IBERAQUA-NET aims to provide insights into the current challenges related with water scarcity and chemical pollution in Spanish rivers, both from a scientific and a management perspective.
- Establishing a network between the involved partners.
- Perform maintenance of the already ongoing channels for dissemination and outreach of the existing research projects.
- Carry out meetings with Water Basin Authorities and other stakeholders involved in freshwater monitoring at the national level.
- Original ideas for new research projects and collaborations.
- Transfer of knowledge to the stakeholders, end-users and the wider public.
- Promoting at the EU agenda the specific issues of global change in the basins of the Iberian region, including the update of the Water Framework Directive.