The Geomatics Unit is a resource that provides an infrastructure dedicated to solutions based on new technologies. The Lab has a complete framework consisting of a set of hardware, software, and databases.
We cover a wide range of needs such as:
- Development of specific maps using remote sensing techniques, GPS and conventional documentary sources
- Automation of data collection
- Application of simulation models to different types of change scenarios.
- GIS IDRISI
- GIS ILWIS
- GIS GVSIG
- SAGA GIS
- QUANTUM GIS
- ERDAS IMAGINE
- Geostatistics SURFER
- Spatial Metric Analysis -FRAGSTAT
- Estimation of Soil Parameters, Hydrologic Modelling – HEC and SWMM family
- Automated water data collection systems
- Digital data collection systems in the field with mobile devices
- Water Erosion Models – WEAP
- Hydrogeological models: Hydrus 1D, CXTFIT, PHREEQC-2
- Statistical analysis programs: Tanagra, R
- Terminals under a central server.
- Peripherals of different sizes, including printers, plotters and a medium format scanner.
- Support materials that aid data collection and its inclusion in drive systems (laptops, pagers, GPS and SLR cameras).