Alejandro Humboldt National Park (Cuba), 20-25 October 2014.
The National Center for Protected Areas of Cuba (CNAP) and the Institute IMDEA Water organize the II Symposium on Water Management in Protected Areas which will be held at the Alejandro Humboldt National Park (Cuba), 20-25 October, 2014.
The aim of the symposium is to discuss and exchange knowledge, methodologies and practical experiences related to water management as a key resource in protected areas. Topics covered will include:
- Planning and management of water-related resources .
- Treatment and reuse of wastewater in rural communities.
- Research and monitoring of water resources in protected areas.
- Benefits and Water Ecosystem Services in protected areas.
- Public use and sustainable tourism associated with water.
- Participation of local communities in water management .
- Water heritage, geodiversity and geoconservation .
Oral communications and unpublished posters are accepted. Se aceptan presentaciones orales y carteles inéditos. The deadline for abstract submission is 15 March 2014.