|Green filters. Pilot plant for purification / reuse research using nature-based solutions. 2 plots of 50 square meters equipped with: flow meters, hydrants, impulsion pumps, bursting chamber, possibility of installing tanks for testing with any type of water, control piezometers and lysimeters.
|Equipment for contaminant leaching test. The equipment can be used for studies of reactive transport of contaminants through porous media under different saturation conditions. The system includes the following components:
1. Peristaltic pump to introduce water and contaminants into the system at controlled speed.
2. Flow cell where the porous medium through which the contaminants infiltrate is placed.
3. Vacuum chamber and pressure regulator (only for unsaturated conditions): the outlet of the flow cell is connected to a vacuum chamber through which the moisture content is modulated.
4. Pressure transducer tensiometers: to measure the water tension in the porous medium of the flow cell. Tension is related to moisture content by means of the water retention curve in the porous medium.
5. Optical oxygen sensors for control and monitoring of redox conditions in the flow cell. The optical measurement is based on the fluorescent deactivation effect of oxygen.
6. Autosampler for regular interval sampling of the flow cell effluent.