IMDEA Water, in its process of reflection and strategic development, has identified:
3 primary axes
4 transversal axes:
- People management
- Development and digital transformation
- Resources and funding
- Review and improvement
The transformation map (current state-future state) that has been designed in our Strategic Plan is based on these axes so that our entire ecosystem understands why we want a more digital Institute IMDEA Water, a centre that learns better, that responds to people’s expectations.
In short, we want it to be more “competitive” when it comes to tackling projects, aligned with our fundamental values and to consolidate the future of our organisation, especially after the changes that have had to be faced following the situation generated by COVID-19.
Strategic lines included in our Plan:
- Consolidation of Leadership
- Developing a communication plan as a corporate strategy.
- Development and alignment of the management structure
- Improve stakeholder information through the strategic monitoring process.
- Developing a management plan for our people
- Improve partnership management
- Generating and disseminating knowledge in the water sector
At IMDEA Water, we have created the necessary conditions to achieve the change that will allow us to meet the challenges included in our vision.
To this end, the drivers of change for the near future have been identified and an annual plan has been established to promote them.
- Identification of types of leaders
- Adequacy of IMDEA Water culture
- Adaptation of the website, introducing new sections that provide information to our ecosystem.
- Aligning the SDGs with the research groups
- Corporate governance
- Development of a Digital Marketing Plan
- Process of adapting the people survey, with a specialised company, to the new challenges faced by IMDEA Agua in terms of its internal organisation and relationship with the ecosystem.
- Progress in performance evaluation
- Methodology for developing the strategic plan
- Assessment and alignment of the milestones arising from this Plan
- Alignment with the new EFQM2020 Model.
- Development of the value chain and its alignment with the SDGs by research groupos and research lines.
- Identification and development of processes that support the challenges of our transformation roadmap.
- Classify our technology map and analyse its evolution, in order to enable this transformation.
- Improve the system of important information through a collaborative process in which each person becomes a guided source of information.