The network coordinates interdisciplinary Spanish research groups working on the contamination of microplastics. The aim is to improve key aspects related to the methodological dispersion of sample sampling and analysis or lack of consistency in toxicological and ecotoxicological studies.
- To organize scientific meeting and specialized courses.
- To organize common sampling campaigns and writing common scientific publications and reports.
- Special issue editions in high impact scientific journals.
- Tromotion of the presence of the network members in international initiatives.
- Enhanced communication between research groups.
- Boost research activities at national level that contribute to achieve new knowledge of microplastics.
- Improvement of the competitive position of Spanish research at international microplastic scientific community level.