Expression of interest
The Soil and Water Quality Research Group of IMDEA Water is looking for a candidate to carry out a PhD in the framework of the project AddiPlas “Plastic chemical additive release from plastic debris and their mobility in soil agrosystems” financed by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation. The candidate selected in this process will have the opportunity to apply to the Grant Inphinit Retaining funded by Fundación La Caixa for doctoral theses with IMDEA Water as hosting Institute.
The candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Be in possession of a bachelor´s degree, engineer or university graduate with master’s degree, at the time of contract (September-November 2024) (EQF Level 7 (MECES 3)) in Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Geology, Environmental Engineering, Agricultural Engineering or similar.
- On the deadline for applications, applicants must still be within the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers.
- Candidates must not have been enrolled in a doctoral programme prior to the start of the fellowship.
- Not have previously signed a predoctoral contract.
- Applicants must have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than twelve months in the three years immediately prior to the closing date of the call. In addition, candidates who finally obtain the scholarship must complete their doctorate at a university other than the university where they completed their undergraduate studies.
- English level: B2 or higher (see certificates mentioned in the call) except for native English speakers or who have completed undergraduate or postgraduate studies in a country listed in the call.
- Possibility of requesting 3 letters of reference in English from university professors or relevant persons
The grant will cover up to a four-year period (1-year renewable up to a maximum of 4-years if annual evaluations are favorable) starting on September-November 2024 with personnel cost limits established by Call Inphinit Retaining.
AddiPlas is a research project dedicated to assess plastic chemical additives (PCAs) release from microplastics (MPs), the fate of PCAs in soil and their impacts on soil health through simulated agroecosystem experiments under relevant environmental conditions and ad-hoc designed laboratory tests. An environmental field sampling will be performed to upscale to real world results obtained during the project. AddiPlaS will contribute to determine PCA release rates from MPs and will discriminate between effects of MPs and PCAs to shed a light about the role of PCA in the environmental risk associated to plastic contamination.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SEND US NOW?
If you are interest to apply to the Grant Inphinit Retaining funded by Fundación La Caixa Grant for doctoral theses with us, please submit to email@example.com, indicating “Inphinit Retaining Grant expression of interest” in the subject of the email, the following documents:
- an updated CV, in English
- an official transcript of grades with the academic record that includes the student’s first and last name(s), the university, the studies completed and all subjects and grades, year by year. If these studies have been completed before the application deadline, the total number of credits for the degree and credits awarded. If these studies are still in progress, candidates must present the academic record in its current state at the time of submitting the application.
DEADLINE to submit your expression of interest: January 10, 2024