IMDEA Water publishes an updated version of its scientific & technological portfolio, which includes products or services sheets and laboratory studies capabilities.
This issue includes detailed product and service sheets and a list of laboratory capacities for different studies. Each service has detailed information on the service, which can be downloaded as a PDF file.
Among the products offered are membrane technology –useful for water treatment tests or pre-concentration of emerging pollutants; wastewater purification and reuse systems with nature-based solutions (NbS) such as Vegetation Filters and metland®, or real-time monitoring of pollutants in water. The scientific & technological portfolio also includes ecotoxicology and risk assessment studies, hydrogeology and environmental pollution studies, and a tool for analysing and forecasting demand and prices for urban water services.
IMDEA Water is a research institute on water issues among which are:
- Membrane technology
- Soil and water quality in the environment
- Microbial contamination and cyanobacteria
- Economic and institutional analysis
The institute is equipped with high-level up-to-date specialized infrastructures for conducting the research activities and to provide services. In detail:
- Chemical Analysis Lab for the detection of organic micropollutants (gas and liquid chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry).
- Soil Lab to process and analyse soil samples.
- Biology and microbiology Lab for analysis on surface and groundwater, with the aim to support monitoring programs of water quality and to monitor cyanobacterial blooms and their toxins in surface water for the developing of technological solutions for removal of cyanotoxins during water treatments.
- Geomatic Lab for the development and application of different tools for management support.
- Pilot plants, equipped with electrochemical techniques, microbial membrane technologies, namely membrane of micro-, nano- and ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis with a mesocosm and a land application system.